UHSA Spring Trip
Honors College Annual Spring Trip
Each spring, the Honors College sponsors a trip exclusively for Honors students. Sign up on your own or bring a guest! Destinations switch between Milwaukee and Chicago (and may include other cities depending on events). This annual getaway allows Honors students for a small fee ($25 to $30) to enjoy a day away from campus and to sample an array of exciting cultural opportunities.
Spring Trip itineraries typically include a trip to a museum or gallery, admission to a live theatrical or music production, and a three-course dinner.
Previous Spring Trip highlights:
- The Joffrey Ballet’s U.S. premiere of Krzysztof Pastor’s Romeo and Juliet
- Architecture tour by boat on the Chicago River
- Riccardo Muti conducting Bach’s Mass in B Minor with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Personalized tours and lectures at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Science and Industry, Villa Terrace Museum, Historic Milwaukee Inc., and the Milwaukee Art Museum
- A presentation of a brilliant classic film, Charlie Chaplin’s City Lights, with the score performed live by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra
- A vibrant performance at Chicago’s Symphony Hall by world-renowned musician Zakir Hussain and the Masters of Percussion
- Dinners at great Chicago restaurants like The Berghoff, India House, and Socca
- Milwaukee Rep’s production of Death of a Salesman
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Milwaukee County Zoo
- Live performances of RENT, Sunset Boulevard, Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, and Phantom of the Opera
- The Glass Menagerie at the University of Chicago’s acclaimed Court Theatre